Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012: RIght now

Just wanted to put together some pics and stories of life in this moment...seems silly to write this on the internet sometimes, but I want this to be in their memory book, which is this blog.  Lately I keep thinking I just want to pause life...but since I can't do that I'm going to at least try to write down some of what the kids are up to.  Both Nick and I keep thinking that every phase is the best, but now that we have two kids who both sleep through the night, eat the same family meals, everyone walking and talking and playing together...well, this is the life!!

Lately Liam loves to line up his cars in the kitchen window seat for 'the big race'.  I like how he lines up the fan cars to watch the actual race cars, and usually does voices for them too.  Liam is definitely my boy...very emotional, heavy sleeper (although only 1 accident over night so far, he's doing awesome!), adventurous eater, still a cuddler, knows most words to the Top 40s on the radio, rule-follower, slow to warm up to new people/things but so brave and open to new experiences, humble (although he did tell us that he was a 'handsome stud' the other day!), hard on himself for mistakes, loves to read and learn, chews his lip while thinking....
Bryn is becoming more and more like her daddy...strong-willed and stubborn, falls asleep in less than 2 minutes flat, begs to be outdoors at any time of day, has a feisty spirit, shows her emotion with every part of herself, plays t-ball and soccer for as long as we let her, has no fears, can eat alllllll day without gaining weight, and uses her left hand as dominant...
It's fun to see parts of ourselves in our kids...and pushes us to be better examples for the traits we hope they don't pick up.

Sunday we went to the zoo which we love...the carousel...

 Can't believe they are both such big kids, both able to do these activities together now...

 Liam still loves to say "we meet again, South Polers" from his Merry Madagascar movie...
We went to check out the animals from Africa, since Liam and Daddy are learning about that continent now...


 One more ride for the girls before going home...
Today Liam had a dentist appointment.  He's been before but this was the first time he was in the big chair and got a real cleaning and xrays done...guess it's not too bad when you get to watch a movie the whole time :)  (His feet...definitely me)
After that we went to our usual story time.  Both kids love the songs, dancing, and bubbles.  Liam loves the actual stories but Bryn is not quite into that part yet...

 We play for a while after...Liam loves the hand puppets and Bryn loves the puzzles...
They are getting so good at sharing and playing with each other...and of course Bryn wants to do everything big brother's doing :)


Snuggles before bath time baby...
 "Hiding" in my closet while I get ready in the morning...

Pretty standard...if we are outside Bryn is grilling or playing sports with Daddy and Liam is playing on his park and Mommy is taking pictures...




Lately Liam asks me to make an extra plate of dinner for his kids, the dinosaurs...he tells me their age, names, and asks me to watch them when he needs to go do something...
Random snip its of daily life:
We are still obsessed with our fruit/veggie co-op.  Getting random, sometimes new produce, has made us all more adventurous...making cabbage, kale, eggplant part of our meals is a refreshing break from our corn/peas/green beans/carrots that are the usual go-tos.  And I can safely say after eating fresh veggies and fruits for 2 months, I'll never go back to canned or frozen.   Some of our favorite meals are stir-fry with any veggies we get, grilling asparagus/pineapple/peppers, sauteing cabbage or onions as a side dish, roasting butternut squash or red potatoes...it makes me happy to have my kids eat so well.

Liam calls out every morning when he wakes up and over the monitor I tell him he can get up.  He gets up, opens his window, goes potty and gets dressed before coming downstairs.  Sometimes if he hears Bryn talking, he'll go in her room and turn on her light and sing/talk to her till I come up.  I love, love this morning routine!

We also have started talking about 'screen time' and Liam knows he gets one hour a day (although on weekends, it's sometimes a little more).  He can pick between a favorite show (right now it's Little Einsteins, Team Umizumi although he calls it Humizumi, Bubble Guppies, and Diego), Leap pad, or playing Fruit Ninja on Nick's phone.  He saw a show come on that we don't usually watch and told me "Mom, turn off the TV...this show doesn't teach me anything"  :)

When Bryn is asked where something/someone is she will either point or look...or she will say "I no know".  I always felt bad when she was looking for daddy during the week, so I taught her to respond "Dada wuk" (dada work) when asked where he was.  Nick thought he should teach her a phrase for me in return.  If you ask Bryn where I am, she will say "mama poop".  Mama NOT amused.  She now knows this gets me, so she LOVES to say it especially with Liam egging her on :)

Liam told us one afternoon while swinging that he was going to have a wedding someday.  We asked who he would marry and he quickly responded "Pres!  And then I'll be a king.  When you get married, that means you're an uncle"  So from this he has put together that since Pres is a princess (self-proclaimed of course) that when they marry he'll be royalty too.  And since we told him that Daniel is now an uncle after marrying, I guess that's where he put that analogy together.  Love seeing his mind work!

Although Liam loves to play Batman, he also pretends to be many other animals too...some days he barks responses to us and as a dog he goes by Bobo, Brownie, or Sparky...or he is a monkey named Dustin...or he is a dophin named Monet or Squeaky.  He speaks in 3rd person "Mom, Dunstin is hungry" and tries to think as his character "How does Monet go down stairs?"  Bryn will also try to play along, making the appropriate animal noise too :)

We are re-weaning Bryn's pipe (pacifier).  We were weaning at the beginning of the year but then she got sick and ended up getting up it back since she was so miserable.  One of my pet peeves is kids who are walking/talking with a paci in their mouth, so I am ready for her to give it up.  After seeing it pop up in pictures too much lately and noticing one of her (now 4) teeth was coming in perpendicular...I decided its time.  She is only using it at nighttime for now, and so far so good!

Washing her hands before dinner "wah hands"...when did you get so big?!
This time of year always brings crazy Spring storms, which Nick took the kids out to see after baths tonight.  Thankfully, they are sleeping well through it ;)


No comments: