Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 6, 2011: Bryn's 1st birthday!

I cannot believe it has already been a whole year.  Life with Bryn has def been fun...she seems like the child who's going to keep us on our toes :)  She might not be walking or have any teeth, but she sure knows how to order us around and get what she wants!  Case in point, I found her standing on the edge of her little tub outside our bathtub, leaning over trying to get a toy that fell in the empty tub.  Good grief, I thought raising boys would raise my stress level but I think it's going to be Brynnie :)  Bryn has transitioned easily to whole milk, but is starting to have some opinions about her food.  So far I found that she doesn't like ham...but other than that, eats everything I make and put in front of her!  She started eating the school lunches about a month ago too.  Her teachers were hesitant to feed her because of the lack of teeth, but after she starting stealing food from the kids next to her they gave in.  I love reading her daily report to see that she had chicken parm, salisbury steak, and fish sticks (just some of the hot meals that she and Liam eat at school!)  And yet, as of her appointment today, she is still so tiny...weight: 18 lbs 7 oz (9th%), height: 29 in (43rd%), and head circumference is 19 in (67th%).  So she continues to grow in length just can't seem to keep the calories on! She is babbling at us alot, and her newest words are 'up', 'bubble', 'baby' (for her new doll), 'shhhh' (for her fish at school), and 'hiiiiii'.  She clearly tells us when she wants 'mama', 'dada, or 'baba'.  She will point to Liam or her teachers when asked.  She is trying to repeat many of the sounds she hears, and I have a feeling will be an early talker like her brother. She signs "more" especially for food and always claps for herself when we praise her.  Bryn also refuses to drink out of a sippy cup...we tried for a few months, but eventually gave up. She drinks her milk from a bottle still and takes her water from a regular cup.  I'm trying to get her to use the straw cups, which she does occasionally, but she really prefers a regular cup being held to her lips...such a princess :)  Speaking of princess, she has the most adorable wave, now at everyone she passes. She's getting brave cruising furniture and using our fingers to help propel her body in what looks like a Frankenstein walk...because that's truly what she looks like now, walking with her tummy sticking out.  And just like she doesn't need teeth to eat table food, she doesn't need to be walking to climb the stairs.  If we don't leave the gate at the bottom shut, Bryn will climb the entire flight of stairs in hopes of reaching the playroom before we notice.  The (only) time I caught her halfway up the stairs, she started instantly squawking at me when I caught her because she knew she was in trouble!! With Liam it was obvious he was right handed, but with Bryn I'm still not sure.  She uses her left hand to feed herself a lot and steps with her left foot first when being walked...too early to tell, but daddy would love another lefty :)

So in lieu of pictures, I made a video of Bryn's first year.  You should know that this was my first time making a photo montage and that I'm self taught (so bear with me!)  Here is what I took away from going through all Bryn's photos from her first year...
1. She is such a happy baby! Once she started smiling she really never stopped.  Doesn't matter if you don't see her whole face, because this girl smiles with her eyes
2. And speaking of those eyes, they are GORGEOUS!  Now I would love for one of my children to have my green eyes, but I guess blue is not too bad, especially the way that my children pull it off!
3.  Bryn is loved and supported by so many people who have enriched her life in so many ways...you aren't in the video, but you all know who you are!
4.  We have been so blessed to have healthy, happy kids, and so fortunate to be able to not only provide for them but to travel and share so many wonderful experiences with them.

I will admit that when pregnant with Bryn, I was convinced it was another boy.  Nick (aka the baby whisperer) knew it was a girl and he was right.  I can't imagine my life without my daughter, and can't wait for all the memories, clothes, drama, boy talks, laughter and fun that we have ahead!

PS-The first song is one I just love..and the second is our wedding song :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I loved the video and it was so fun to watch. You did a great job! Gotta love the Mac. I have to admit I have Mac envy! Happy 1st Birthday Beautiful Bryn! We can't wait to see you again. Hugs and kisses!

Aunt Steph

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to cry when I saw this. You captured all of her! Love you so much!

Love,
Grandma Deb

Kerry Hegele said...

You're right about those eyes! My goodness they are electric! Cute video.

Rachel and Cameron said...

She is such a beautiful girl!! She's always been so feminine looking to me. Can't believe she's already 1 year old. Wish we could be there to watch her grow in person. We miss her and Liam so much! Happy Birthday, Bryn! We love you!