Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 3-6, 2011: 3 kids and a wedding!

Thursday we flew to Nashville for Alex and Tippy's wedding weekend!  We flew late that night and by the time we landed and got to the hotel it was close to 11pm...but not too late for the most exciting part of the weekend for Liam...seeing Presley!!!!  These cousins were soooo happy to see each other.  We let them visit for about 5 minutes than tried to make them go to bed.  We heard Presley over the monitor whispering "I watch you sleep all night, Yiam" 


Where are Rachel and Cameron? Oh, they were just a little busy...having a baby!  Since Rachel was induced the day before the wedding, we knew they couldn't make it.  They did send Pres to represent the family and Nick and I had the honor of watching her all weekend.  It was fun to be a family of 5 for a few days.  I thought one more kid wouldn't be that much different...but doing things by 3 was a little hectic at times....although definitely worth it!!  We would get on elevators and people would look at the kids, look at us, and ask 'how old?'  "Oh they are 1, 2, and 3 years old" I would answer with a smile...we usually got a crazy look in return :)

Here is what life with 3 under 3 was like....

Three times the love...
Three times the distractions at B&N...
Three times the snacks...

(And what happens to the baby when you are cutting up food for the older two...not my proudest mommy moment but kinda funny)
Three times the carseats (in the smallest rental car back seat that required some major MacGyvering from Nicky)
Three times the playtime...

Three times the meals...(I did end up eating most meals in to-go boxes in the hotel after the kids went to bed but I was usually also in jammies, so no complaints :)

Three times the bathtime babies...
and three times the bedtime routines, stories, songs, good night hugs 'n kisses :)

The girls did get some bonding time too...Pres loved helping Bryn with diapers, feeding, and offering her pixie dust to stop her tears :)

and of course we had to have a too-matchy moment...
Now back to the wedding...

Here is our ring bearer getting pumped for his big day...oh yeah and the groom...
I had the pleasure of escorting the flower girls, Pres and Bryn, to the bridesmaid's tea...





Liam and Pres were so excited to be a part of the wedding...
Liam wearing his new tie and special t-rex tie clip for the rehearsal...Pres and Bryn got pretty headbands and pearl bracelets...
We really did rehearse...but also had some fun!






It was fun to have more girls than boys for the weekend...although it was lots of hair, dresses, tights and accessories to coordinate :)
During the rehearsal we all got word that baby David was born!  At 6:22pm weighing 7lbs even Liam and Bryn's newest cousin, David Cameron Smith IV (aka baby DC or Cuatro on this blog) was welcomed into the world!  I have to break from the wedding pics to share a pic of DC..it's so cute to see all Liam's baby clothes being worn again...Even though I haven't met him in person, we've already skyped and I can't wait to snuggle him over the holidays!
On the day of the wedding, we took the kids to Centennial Park which was right across the street from our hotel...they were having a little festival with a bounce house and face painting which the kids enjoyed with their cousins, Max, Olivia and Britty...








We then walked over the playground...trying to wear them out so they'll take good naps before the wedding!







Ready for their big moment!!
Visiting the groom and bride..they don't look too nervous :)

My mommy and my baby looking their most beautiful...
This flower girl looked adorable even though she didn't make it down the aisle officially...but she did enjoy practicing her walk :)
I didn't get any pictures during the ceremony...hands were a little full keeping 3 under 3 absolutely silent...this involved Nick and I using 1 bag of cheerios, 1 bag of goldfish, 1 bag of M&Ms, 4 cars, 1 pacifier, and 2 ipads...and it was 25 min long ;)  But we did it, no disruptions, and the ceremony was perfect!

Afterwards the kids had fun visiting with fam at the reception the hospitality room...especially playing with cousins Max, Olivia and Karleigh...




and I got to visit my 2 of my besties from home, Rach and Alli...weird to think they have known Alex since he was 10 years old!
On Sunday, Nov. 6th we celebrated Bryn's 1st birthday during the post-wedding brunch!!
Tippy ordered Bryn a smash cake which was very sweet and yummy...

even though she didn't know quite what to do with it...
so daddy pushed her hands in the cake...
and mommy pushed the cake in her mouth...
and she was still confused...where are my beloved Cheerios she must've been thinking :)
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!!
Oh wait kisses! That makes me happy again :)  ps-how precious was Bryn in her tutu, gifted to her by the miffs...
and in the same 1 onesie that Pres wore...

Bryn received some wonderful gifts from family and friends, we were so fortunate to get to celebrate with everyone in town!  One gift in particular that she loved was her first baby from Mallie and Dallie...she pointed to baby's face and even gave her a big kiss :)


Daddy and his birthday princess...
Happy Birthday Brynnie, we love you! (more on her bday and 12 month stats in the next post)
Since we were back in Nashville and staying right next to campus, we took the kids through some of our favorite spots...our dorms, campus, my sorority house and of course the Vandy soccer field where Nick and I both have lots of wonderful memories...

Couldn't help snapping this pic, I always forget how beautiful Fall is in Nashville...
We treated Liam to Satco (San Antonio Taco Co.)...yes it might sound silly to go from TX to TN for tex-mex, but I missed this place!
My blue-eyed beauties enjoyed it :)

Sunday afternoon we went to visit the Briens who hosted us for the night before our 6am flight out the next day.  These are truly my first kids as I started babysitting Corinne when she was just 10 months old...here she is just a month shy of her 13th birthday holding my baby!!


Me with all my babies :)

Overall it was an exciting, fun (but exhausting) trip!  We loved seeing all our family and friends and getting to share in Alex and Tippys' big day.  We had the most fun getting to care for Presley.  Liam kept asking for her on our flight home.  I wasn't surprised considering he had tried to pack her in our suitcase at the hotel :)  

Can't wait for the holidays when our family will be all together again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This whole week was so much fun. Let's do it again in March !!! Emily you and uncle kneeck made it look so easy to have three babies ;) but we will have FOUR babies at March wedding! Good thing baby David is bringing his mommy and daddy! lovelovelove all my babies--The original four--Alex, Amelia, Rachel and Emily AND all the new additions--David, Bryn, Presley, Liam, Tippy, Daniel, Cameron and Nicky B.

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Emmy! Thanks again for taking such good care of Pres, she loves her Barkers. Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Cameron

Rachel and Cameron said...

Thank you all so much for watching Presley all weekend. I know she had a ball and I'm so glad she was able to get to spend such great quality time with the family. We missed her a lot, but it was so nice to know how much fun she was having. Get ready Liam- Presley says she's sleeping in your bed with you at Christmas so she can watch you all night long :)

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

This whole post made me SMILE!! Presley is a super LUCKY girl!! What a special weekend!!