Liam has always amazed us with his communication skills. Here are just a few of the conversations we've had with him this summer...
While driving on the 405 in LA (which is the busiest highway ever, and is a constant standstill), Liam was yelling "rapido" (faster in Spanish) from the back seat. I explained that we couldn't go rapido on the 405 because everyone lives in LA and there is always traffic. Liam responded "Not everyone lives here because they couldn't all fit" Hmm, well he had a point, so yes I conceded that he was right and not everyone in the world lived there.
When Liam got his black eye and adults would ask him what happened, he always said "Wait till you see the other guy!"
When I came to check on Liam because he had been taking too long going potty by himself, he quickly said "Mom, I'm in the bathroom, give me privacy"
One day while stopped at a stop light, Liam told me "Mom that lady can see my tongue". He was pointing at the woman parked next to his side of the car. I asked how she could see his tongue and he said "because it's sticking out of my mouth".
We are adding on to a costume for Liam this Halloween to make him a dinosaur, per his request. My mom and I were trying to figure out how many toes and fingers T-Rex had. I confidently answered 2 toes, but Liam yelled "No Mom it's 3!" from the backseat. We really didn't discuss it anymore. Later that night, out of nowhere, Liam carries his big T-Rex into my room and says "Mom T-Rex does have 3 toes" while pointing at his toy...and he was right :)
So I decide to describe how the Earth is round and rotates, the horizon and such...
L: "But Mom the Earth isn't round, it's flat 'cause I can see it"
Good grief, I HATED history and now I am discussing Christopher Columbus with a (barely) 3 year old
Out of the blue one day Liam says "Mom, the ding-dong in the white car almost had an accident". I asked who told him that. "Mallie" he replied. I called my mom and repeated the phrase. She admitted that a week before when she was driving him a white car switched lanes fast and that yes that she had called him a ding-dong. Always have to be careful what you say around our parroting-preschooler :)
When Nick or I don't want Liam to have something we are eating (chips, candy...hey, it's for his own good!), we will tell him he can't have it because it's too spicy. The other day, Bryn reached for Liam's goldfish and he said "no Brynnie, it's too spicy, only for Liam" So I guess he's on to our trick...
Every night Liam gets a bedtime story...
L: "Dad, tonight I want a story about a new country"
N: "Do you want to learn about Japan?"
L: "No, I already know about Japan" (all he needs to know is from Cars 2 apparently, thank you World Grand Prix)
N: "How about we learn about Germany?"
So they discuss Germany (some highlights and of course the Cars that live there from the movie). The next day, after also talking to Dallie also about Germany, I asked Liam can for a bite of his ice cream.
L:"Nein!" (no)
Liam has a pj shirt with a dog wearing big sunglasses on it. He looked down at it one night and said "that dog is chiiiilllliiin' ". No idea where he got that one...
Liam made Nick spaghetti (in his play kitchen). When Nick started to pretend to eat it, he said "Dad it's spaghetti, you have to take off your shirt!" (To be fair, it's only his cousin Presley who still eats spaghetti topless :)
Every night Liam says his prayers out loud in bed. He's usually pretty long winded with lots of prayers for family, friends, and some toys :) One night last week he started as he always does.. "God is great, God is good..." then he paused and just said "God, I'm happy..that's all". That makes me very happy :)
Love that he starts most sentences by addressing us as Mom or Dad; love that he absorbs and RETAINS almost everything he hears; love to see his brain putting information together to make assumptions about his world; love, love, love to my intelligent, curious, smarty-pants preschooler!
No comments:
Post a Comment