


bringing her hands together...
and bringing toys up to her mouth! She is still sleeping through the night (swaddled tight in her bassinet)...
and has never had one medicine except her Vitamin D drops, and ROLLED OVER from tummy to back for the first time yesterday at her check-up! 

Not to compare but...this is all soooo unlike Liam who did not sleep through the night till he was about 16 mo, had RSV and 2 ear infections by this age, and did not even attempt to start rolling until 6 mo old. So yes, Bryn is ahead of the game :) Her well check was great, she's 13 lbs 10 oz (51%), 24 1/4 in (60%), and head is 16 in (50%). Liam stayed busy by completing a 24 piece puzzle all by himself during her appointment...I didn't know he could do that until I looked down and realized he had almost completed the whole thing...what a smarty pants :)















And because I can't leave Liam out, here they are together...I'm partial, but I can't help thinking they are the sweetest siblings I've ever seen!




Bryn looks just like Liam did as a baby, but I have to admit even I'm surprised to realize how alike they look now (especially their expressions) while 2 years apart...(yes they are both watching Dora!)
Before Pres moved, we saw her daily...family dinners, bath time, trips to the park, the bounce house and lots of cuddle time...














Britty also came in town again and got to play with all three kiddos and live the life of a SAHM. In return she took us out for a night out to Houston's and the Tuaca Body Art Ball at House of Blues, so much fun!





Speaking of...can you believe Daniel held Bryn (and she didn't cry!)...
Finally, I CAN"T believe that Liam started school...he's such a big T Rex (that's what he calls himself anyway...I'm Momma T Rex, Bryn's Baby T Rex...you get the picture). Nick and I had our parent-teacher conference before Liam started. They asked if he was fully potty-trained, to which I said yes. Then they explained that meant he could go into a bathroom, do his business, wash his hands and come out...on his own. Hmmm, no then I guess he's not potty-trained. I mean he can def go in the potty but we still help him with his pants/underwear, wipe, and even wash his hands for him. So I guess this is time to let him start having a little more bathroom independence. I wanted him to practice before he went so I started letting him do the whole process while I watched rather than assist. After a couple of days he actually was doing great by himself, so one day while I was busy getting dinner ready and shushing a fussy Bryn I decided to let him go all by himself. The result...
Yes, I think we are still in need of bathroom supervision :)The morning of his first day of school Liam woke up really happy...
Mal came over and brought him donuts for a special breakfast treat. She also stayed with Bryn so I could take him alone for his first day. Here is the standard fiirst day of school photo in front of the house...
Overall he did really well. He told me his favorite part of the day (a question we ask each other every night at dinner)
was circle time. He told us how they read Cat in the Hat, he chased a little boy with a yellow shirt on the playground while saying "roar", and what he eats for lunch and snack. He doesn't know any of the other kids names yet and tells us he will ask them tomorrow. Bryn starts there next month in the infant room and I hope they are both really happy there!
Finally, here are some pics from the Krewe of Barkus Mardi Gras Dog Parade we went to this weekend! We met Dal and Mal there, as well as Liam's friends Davey and James. After watching the parade and gathering beads the boys played ring-around-the-rosy for like an hour falling on top of each other over and over...it was so cute!








4 comments:
As we're reading this, Presley is consumed by the pictures saying, Where's Liam? There he is! We miss playing with Liam and Bryan and the rest of our friends!!! Glad we squeezed in so much time before we left.
Nick and Emmy: Liam and Bryn are so adorable! I love seeing all the wonderful things they are doing. I can't believe how much they have both changed! I hope we get to see you guys soon!
Hugs and Kisses to you all!
All my love!
Aunt Steph
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh great post.. bryn looks as big as pres pres. she's soooooooooooooo pretty, emily
Oh gees- I know her name is Bryn.... sorry about that baby Bryn! Presley sure does miss you!! Hope you and Mallie are having a fun day!
Post a Comment