Sunday, November 22, 2009

November 21, 2009: 15 months old and big plans for Dallas...

Well I'm sure most of you have heard, but it's official...we are moving to Dallas in two weeks! It's exciting, but scary as well. I'm sad to leave the only home that Liam has known, the beach, and our walking/biking/always sunny/Farmers Market/diverse/laid back Cali lifestyle :( But we are happy to be moving closer to our family and after my last visit to Dallas, I do feel better about meeting lots of new friends, including mommy friends which would be nice for me and Liam. I'm sure I'll have lots more to blog about our move in the upcoming weeks so let's move on...

Liam is 15 months old and seems to be evolving daily. Some of his new words include cheese "chee", bee "bu", cracker "cack", car "cah", park "pak" , shoe "soo", hat "ha", poop "poo" (he was bound to learn that word he hears daily!) and my all time favorite: cat "tat". He has so many other new words and sounds because he's repeating almost everything he hears now. His first sentences were uh oh ball "uh oh bah" and thank you mom "ham hum ma"....i know that last one seems weird but you can tell by is intonation that he is saying thank you...it's okay if only Nick and I understand him :) He still loves balls (soccer, baseball, and basketball) and dogs anywhere we see them. We now sing the clean up song and he will pick up his toys in his play area or the tub, which is fun to see him learning to be helpful. Liam also says "hiiiiiiiiiii" in this cute sing-songy way to everyone we meet! We get compliments all the time in public for how well-behaved he is at restaurants or shopping or on the plane. I can literally only think of one time (Kirklands) where he had a meltdown in public, otherwise he usually is so happy and well-mannered. He has a great bedtime routine, we lay him in his crib around 7:30 and he puts himself to sleep. His sleep throughout the night continues to be varied...we have our good nights and our bad :) He loves all food...it's hard for me to think of a food he won't eat. During our trip to Dallas (more to come on that) Liam LIVED for Mal's cooking. Whether it was steel cut oatmeal, omelets with ham and peppers, pancakes, pot roast with carrots and potatoes, hamburgers with twice-baked potatoes and broccoli, peach-blueberry cobbler, oh I could go on and on! Liam always gets well-balanced meals from me, but I can't say he eats that good all the time :)

So before we knew about the move to Dallas, Liam and I had actually planned a 10 day trip to Dallas. We booked this trip during the same week that Nick would be in NYC for work so although we missed him that worked out well. Actually to be accurate Liam did not just miss Nick but literally pleaded and asked for him multiple times daily. I guess I thought he wasn't old enough to really notice he was missing, but I was wrong. It was so sweet, but a little heartbreaking because I knew he couldn't understand why he wasn't there. We did have a great trip though...lots of playtime with Presley, lounging around my parents' house, playdates with Rachel's mommy group, and as I said before, lots of home cooking! Here are some pics of the highlights...
What a treat...Liam watched his first movie (Happy Feet) with Dal in the media room. I can tell he not only liked it, but really remembered it as well. When I tell him to do the "happy feet" he lifts his feet trying to tap them and when I ask him to point to the "happy feet" in his animal book, he points to the penguins! So smart...
Reading with Aunt Jane...
Liam got to open some Christmas presents early...a drum set and a new set of wheels! Although Liam was equally excited about the box :)Being chased by Dal...Goofing around with Uncle Alex...wait, what are you reading him?!?
My lil' cowboy...aka Lil' Bill, which is what my family jokes will be his Texas name :)
Uncle Cameron gave Liam some much-needed male attention while he was missing his daddy...Here is Liam's best buddy, cousin Presley...She was so cute and patient while Liam learned how to be "gentle" with her :) They did everything together...meals, baths, storytime, "sharing" toys...it made me happy to see them and imagine their future together!Rachel and I with our babies...and Mal with her babies :)

If these last photos are any indication, I guess Liam will be happy in Dallas cause he sure had a great time during our trip! Although he'll be cute in any state....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just can't wait. Another chapter of our book! It will be so great to have you all closer. I am anxious to see Liam and experience all the new things he can do! We are counting down...!

Love' g.deb

Suzi said...

awesome!! if i can be of any help to you guys, please please please let me know!! would love to have you guys over once you get settled!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Barker Family

Love from the Curriers