Friday, June 12, 2009

June 11, 2009: Liam's been busy...

So in the past week Liam cut his 2nd tooth, had a 2 fun playdates with Matteo and Linus (the dog), got a new bathtub, learned to stand in his crib, Nick and I had a night out to attend my graduation party.....oh and Liam has hand, foot, and mouth disease :( !!! Let's start with the good stuff...

So again this is a close up but you can just make out his 2nd tooth on the bottom. It's totally coming in crooked, which makes Amelia's nickname for him, Snaggle, even more appropriate!
On Friday night, we did dinner at the Jotas. Of course Liam is so excited to play with Linus, but sadly the feeling is not mutual. Now that Liam can crawl, Linus better watch out!
On Saturday we had a fun evening with our friends Ben and Yasmine and their little boy, Matteo. He shared his car with Liam and we took the boys to the park. Liam LOVED riding in this car...guess who's getting one for his birthday? :)
Liam was too big for his baby tub, but too slippery to sit on his own in the tub...so he got this cool transition tub...perfect for right now! Those are his current favorite toys...the ducky, keyboard, cups...and of course his water book :)
We had to drop the crib down to the lowest position since Liam has started to stand against the crib and other furniture. He'll be cruising before we know it...
Yay, I'm graduating in two days...I can't believe I did it! The graduation party was last night and even though Liam was sick we still made it, thanks to our babysitters Drew and Liz.
Now for the bad stuff...So Liam started a fever two days ago at daycare. He's had MISERABLE nights and none of us have been able to sleep. The next day he started refusing to eat and I noticed the blisters in his mouth. Poor baby, this virus is awful! He got the blisters especially bad on his tongue and it's been a struggle to keep him hydrated. He wants to eat, I can tell, but it's just so painful. He won't even swallow his own saliva and has been drooling worse than he ever did before (note the bib in picture below). Needless to say, we've had alot of Tylenol and Motrin, Pedialyte popsicle slushies, and magic mouthwash (Benadryl/Maalox/Tylenol). He's drinking a little better today, but basically is just irritable and cranky. Thank goodness this is not a serious virus, but I've really never seen Liam in so much pain. Nick stayed home with him so I could finish my clinical days (and graduate on time!) which was really helpful. I'm hoping Liam will be up for coming to graduation on Saturday, but we'll see. Here is him today flipping through his book, which pretty much sums up his mood :) Yeah, it's Mr. Grumpy.
Speaking of Liam and his books, I just had to take this picture...While Nick and I had dinner one night, Liam sat in the corner "reading" himself books! He's so cute flipping pages and babbling!
And of course I'll end with some cute pics of Liam playing. Can you tell he loves his little baby tee-ball set?? I love his expressions when he's eyeing the ball and then after "we" hit it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick, Emmy and Liam,
Sure sorry to hear about Liam's virus. Wish we could be there to help comfort him. I especially love seeing him with his books and baseball toy. Looks like he is really thinking about how he is going to hit that ball! The bathtub looks just perfect for him, better than we could have imagined, right? We are so proud of you both. You are great parents. Congrats Emily on your graduation. Sure wish we could be there to celebrate.

Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Liam,
I was looking at all your pictures today and grandma is so happy there are so many pictures of you reading!!!!!
I can't wait to see you!

Love
Grandma Debbie

Anonymous said...

Happy Graduation Day Emily
We are so proud of you.
Love,
Debbie and Chris