Tuesday, February 10, 2009

February 10, 2009: Liam's weekend in Dallas!

We traveled to Dallas this past weekend to attend a wedding that Nick was in, for Rachy's baby shower, and for Dallie's birthday! Grandma Debbie, Lindsey, Amelia, and Brittany also came in town for the shower and to see Liam. Of course Rachel, Cameron and Alex were around all weekend playing with Liam as well. The weekend was fun, but very busy. We landed Friday morning at 1am. Needless to say Liam woke up when we landed thinking it was morning and he was ready to play!! He finally went to sleep when we got to my parents house. We woke up Friday morning and Liam tried his first food...green beans! It was fun to see him eat food and share this experience with his grandmas. Brittany and Amelia flew in Friday and it was so fun for Liam to play with his two silliest aunts. We also had a fun visit with the Murphy family and their two girls, Madison and Faith. Friday night Nick and I attended Kris and Andrea's rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's. I was looking forward to some great food in enormously large portions :) Unfortunately Liam had a mini meltdown while we were gone. We underestimated the fact that he was unfamiliar with Mallie and Dallie's house and all his family who he doesn't see all the time. I knew he was at the stage where he recognized us, but didn't realize he could have true stranger anxiety. Not that you are strangers, family!! We just don't see you enough :( I called home to check on Liam and heard his babbabababmamamabababa cries in the background. So I left the rehearsal dinner early. The next day we went to Rachy's shower, which was so cute. Three of her best girlfriends from Auburn were there and all her friends from Dallas. She got some wonderful gifts and looked so cute. Saturday was also Dallie's birthday and while Nick and I went to the wedding, the family had dinner and cake with Liam. We were hopeful that he would have a better night, but unfortunately he was a sad little guy again without us. We ducked out early again, cause I cannot stand to hear him call for me...I know, I'm already getting soft :) Overall though it was a really great weekend and we were so happy to see so much of our family. Check out the pics!

Liam's such a good traveler...


Family time!





First foods!!


Liam's cutest pics of the week...so hard to choose cause they are all so adorable!

We are celebrating Liam's 1/2 birthday this weekend, so I'll be sure to update with more pictures!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, i love the first picture and the last one the best! His faces are just priceless!!! So glad you all came in town and thank you again for the awesome shower!! Can't wait to see you again soon.
Love rachel and cameron

Anonymous said...

i miss my grandbaby!!! happy valentine day Liam. xoxoxo mallie

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby Liam,
I sure loved seeing you last night.
You are such a busy busy boy, and you really keep your mommy moving. I just got home from school and listened again to you talking on your previous blog. Love to you and mommy and daddy,
Grandma Deb

Anonymous said...

Looks like Liam had a good time wish we could have seen him.

Pops