Thursday, October 2, 2008

October 2, 2008: 6 weeks old!

So much to blog! We've been busy this week because I have started back at school, Liam is such a busy boy during the day (but sleeping 7 hours at night!!!!!), Mal arrived for the month to watch Liam, and we had a very uninvited guest one night...

Here is Liam playing with Nick, mesmerized by his mirror on the swing, gazing at his daddy, and snuggling with me...and finally one of him cooing (even though you can't hear it, he is SOOOO sweet when he coos at us!)



I know some of you have heard that Liam had an ultrasound on his hip. His pediatrician heard a click on the left hip and we did an ultrasound to make sure there is not a huge gap where his femur connects to the pelvis. If there is a problem Liam would wear a brace for a couple of weeks, so even though we are worried, it would not affect him for long and it is correctable. So far we have not heard back from the doctor yet, but I just had to post a picture of Liam going into the radiologist's office. He was so alert and checking everything out. I packed him his lovie (the little elephant blankie) in case he got scared :) The radiologist had to take off his diaper to get to his hips...I tried to warn her, but she didn't listen! Liam "marked" her and then gave her a big smile! We'll keep you updated when we get the results.

Still sticking out his tongue...

Mallie is playing horsey with Liam...he thinks he's such a big boy.
So one night after Nick and Mal had gone to bed, Liam and I were watching TV in the living room. All the sudden I saw a huge, black flying thing come from the kitchen into the living room. I screamed and ran with Liam into our bedroom. I woke up Nick and made him go search for what I was sure was a bat. He spent 30 minutes in the living room and did not see anything. Finally I gave in thinking I was going crazy, seeing things. I went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. On opening the bathroom door I heard fluttering against it, saw the creature and slammed the door shut again. I screamed for Nick, who this time saw what I was talking about. He took a swing at it, missed, and watched as it crawled under the guest room door...where Mal was sleeping. Nick barged in, waking Mal, who quickly evacuated the room once she heard what was going on. Mal, Liam and I retreated to our bedroom where we barricaded the door knowing this creature could fly and crawl. Even though it was now 11pm, I told Nick no one was sleeping until that thing was dead..well except for Liam who did sleep through this :) Nick locked himself in the guest room for an HOUR and waged war with the terrible creature (who turned out to be a flying cockroach...ew!!) We heard slams and cursing and finally Nick emerged victorious. The room however...well it was a war zone and I just had to post the picture of what it took to kill this bug....The mattress was against the wall, the box spring against the door, Mal's luggage all over and cabinets and crib were askew...but he got it!!!

On to cuter things...Liam and mommy on the first day of school. It was hard to leave, but I know he's in good hands. We both had great days and missed each other alot. We snuggled extra long last night to make up for it :) And finally we noticed that Liam frequently puts himself in this very familiar position...future Heisman trophy winner?? Maybe he'll lead Vandy to beat Auburn one day :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for blogging so we don't miss all Liam's special moments. i can't believe how he has grown and what a cute personality he seems to have in just 6 weeks. he is such a beautiful baby. i am so glad the "creature" was in the guest room instead of mom and dad's room or jose in numero 7 would have wondered what the heck nick was beating the tar out of !! the first of many adventures to come with dad coming to the rescue...
i miss you all so much
love, grandma debbie

Anonymous said...

yes.............the pictures of liam surely were a great treat when i got up this morning !!! everybody looks sooooooo happy
you really captured some good expressions! and i have to say some of those look exactly like his dad's!!

love
gdeb

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics. They are so cute! I can't wait till I come see you all and finally get to meet my adorable nephew!

Besos~
Aunt Linds

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, the bug story was hilarious...and love liam's pics. he is just so cute!

...you guys want some lippers????

candy lips/lace

Unknown said...

ahahahaha. I just read that story about the flying cockroach in trusts and estates class and I started DYING laughing - in class - which led me to getting into trouble. Thanks guys. No seriously - HILARIOUS!

Liam gets cuter everyday! Can't wait to meet him!

Love and miss, wompy