Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 12, 2008: 21 weeks, doo starts a book club!


I think Nick was feeling left out since doo gets to spend all day with me. As soon as Nick gets home he greets me and then my belly. He usually spends the rest of the night trying to speak to my stomach so that doo will know his voice. We have already started collecting books for doo's library and decided it would be great for Nick to start reading to doo so he could hear his voice more. I talked him into starting doo on some classics that we both wouldn't mind reading again. Of course Nick said no to 'girly' books (aka Little Women). And I said no to all war books. So we agreed on a book appropriate for our little boy: The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. We are on chapter 3 so far and are trying to read a chapter a night. It's really cute and something I hope Nicky and doo continue to do after he's born.


I finally included a belly picture, so you can get the full effect. I hear this is pretty common for women carrying boys, but I really do feel like my stomach is just growing straight out. I'm having more 'growing pains' as my ligaments stretch to accommodate him. He's worth it though:) He's still kicking and moving a ton, which I love to feel. Sometimes I think he kicks just to try to add to the conversation or remind me that he's here. We have a busy week, but then Mal and Dal arrive on Thursday to spend the weekend with us!

6 comments:

Amelia and Adam said...

I love it!! I'm glad Doo finally convinced you to show some skin... your belly is so cute. Doo is going to have to get acquainted with the Amelia Bedelia books for sure. That's what i will read to him!! I can see do now, laughing at crazy aunt milla bedilla.... can't wait!!
-aunt milla

Anonymous said...

Keep the pictures coming...Very cute! That doo sure is getting to be a big boy! Love you all! rachey and cameron

Anonymous said...

yeah Doo!! i am sure he loves to hear his dada read to him. bedtime reading - your first "tradition" with Doo. won't be long and he'll be saying "just one more story pleeeease"
can't wait to see you all and feel Doo kick. lovelovelove, mallie

Anonymous said...

Oh Emmie I love your belly!!! And I think we all know, I love a good book so yay for the reading! Aunt Lippers recommends Catcher in the Rye...perhaps not age appropriate but very entertaining for you two!

Love,
Lippers!!!!

Anonymous said...

Doo can count on Grandma Debbie. I have EVERY book of Daddy's saved!!!
Love you so much already...

Amelia and Adam said...

Let's see pictures of Mal and Doo's weekend together!!! I bet Doo got more presents then his mommy!!
see you guys soon, hope your visit with Mal and Dal was good! -keep watching big brother, get Doo acquainted with reality t.v..... t.v. of the future... (sadly)
-meha