Friday, November 6, 2015

November 6, 2015: Fabulous 5!!

I can't believe that I'm writing this post.  Bryn turned 5 years old and seems to have aged years!  She's still so sweet and so helpful..but she's also observant, street-smart, stubborn, determined, athletic, independent, and reliable.  I have really enjoyed our Mondays and Fridays with "just the girls" this year and will miss her desperately next year when she's in Kindergarten.  I joke that I feel like I'm losing my right arm, but it's true!  She is constantly reminding me "Mommy, you forgot to pick up the dry cleaning"  "Mommy, Nora needs to potty before we leave".  She loves to drop off things at Liam's school, running in the office by herself.  She'd go grocery shopping alone for me if I let her :)  Bryn is an amazing girl and I am so proud to be her mommy!  For her 5th birthday, she wanted to do her new favorite activity...roller skating!  She used the walker for about the first 10 minutes and then took off earlier in the summer.  I love to take her skating, holding hands and singing along to our favorite pop songs :)

She picked the rainbow socks and gave them out to all her girl friends at the party (the boys got super hero socks)...
Nora was not about to be left out of this event!
Her solo skate while we all sang happy birthday...


School bestie, Devyn...
Liam and James...

Bryn and Brenna...

Jax and Liam...


Bailey and Hadley...


Arya, Brenna and Bryn...
Jackson, Liam and Bailey...
Michael, James, Jackson x2, and Liam...
Sophie, Cate, Mia and Had...


Bryn wanted to rainbow cupcakes...and mommy did not want to use food coloring (blegh).  So here are our plant-based rainbow colored cupcakes :)  She was pleased, thank goodness!
The rainbow skater girls :)
Money machine...
Jessica stopped by to say hi...
The party was such a success!


Per our tradition, we let Bryn pick a charity to donate gifts to instead of collecting gifts for herself.  Her generous friends gave many games, art supplies, etc and Bryn decided to give them to children in the hospital.  We picked Scottish Rite since Bryn was treated there as a baby for her hips.  She was so proud to take her donations to the hospital...

 The staff was also impressed with her donating her gifts and sent their photographer down to take her picture and interview her.  Could not be more proud of her loving heart!

 Bryn had a great check up, although I'm blanking on all her stats :)  Interestingly enough, I started working at our pediatrician's office so you think I would now this!!  She's 38 pounds and wonderfully healthy, despite a little GERD and hyperlipidemia :)  She has become very strict on her own diet.  No red meat, dairy (ice cream is her exception), chocolate (her choice, I'm not that crazy!).  She loves fruits but will stop and ask "Have I had too much acid today?" because she doesn't want to set off her reflux symptoms.  Her favorite meal is chicken stir fry with lots of veggies over quinoa/brown rice with ginger sauce on top.  She eats oatmeal every morning for breakfast and her snacks are mostly fruit.  She takes soup in a thermos for lunch once a week, eats school lunch once a week, and takes a sunflower butter/jelly sandwich on her other school day.  I don't know how she keeps up the energy for all her sporting endeavors!  She LOVES soccer as much as Nick and Liam, and seems to be naturally gifted.  She has also enjoyed basketball clinic through school and can't wait to play in a  league next year.
 Helping to make another favorite, applesauce/carrot muffins...
 Self-portrait  and border from her vetch watch...
 She is getting really good at her phonics and reading...although Bryn and Daddy also like to play around and stay up talking at bedtime :)
Love love love this curly haired cutie!!


No comments: