Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 1-13, 2014: School Daze...

After getting used to the new rules and routines of kindergarten, Liam is doing great and loving school!  We love going to his "pep rallys" and were super excited for him when his grade won the spirit stick...

Nora has become the class mascot and I have a hard time trying to explain why she can't sit with his class :)
Liam is keeping a journal for his daily writings.  He's written about his best friend at school (Justin) and also about his birthday trip...
(I'm Liam. I just went to CT. I had a great time. It was awesome.)  He also drew a picture of him blowing out his cake at the beach.

But we sure do miss Liam on his school days, especially me :)
Our girl days have been so fun though and Bryn is truly such a great helper and so fun to play with!


Over Labor Day weekend Nick had a hernia repaired.  But we all helped take good care of him, especially Dr. Bryn...
He perked up enough for (another) birthday cake so that we could celebrate at home with the girls.  I made an ugly, but amazing tasting buttercream cake with lavender/strawberry filling per Liam's request.  Lindsey's was much prettier (I'm not a fan of cake decorating) but at least the 6 hours I invested turned out delicious!
The kids helped entertain Nora while Daddy was recuperating.  We are still big into Power Rangers around here!


The kids and I also went to the last Rough Riders game with Dallie, Mallie, Grandpa, Grandma...
Meha, Daniel, and Fox also went and brought our friend Sonny who played with the kids...
Liam is a big help at bedtime reading Bryn her story when I am putting Nora down for bed...
Our favorite part of the day is going to pick Liam up. We sing songs, eat snacks, watch movies, and play games while waiting in the car line...and when the door opens and Liam jumps in both girls start screaming for him.  Nora is literally ecstatic, waving her arms and legs, screeching for him :)


I loved getting to eat lunch with Liam and meeting his table friends...


Liam is very into codes right now and I usually send him a code on his napkin at lunch.  He was also very excited to get a message to decode from Uncle Tim in the mail!

Our activities are starting back full force now! Liam is playing piano and both are starting religious education this week.  Both kids are also doing gymnastics and soccer!
Liam flipping upside down...
First soccer practice!
Both kids had a great first soccer game.  Liam's first outdoor game was on a cool morning of 51 degrees...luckily we bundled up and enjoyed cheering him on!
 The Wolves had a great first game!


Bryn was excited to play on her team, Manchester United (coached by Daddy!) at our old indoor league.  Her teammates Brenna and Chloe...
 Bryn was amazing!!  (Excuse the pics through the glass while I wrangled Nora with the other arm)

 She turned the ball around quick and has a great touch, according to her coach :)

 Goal #1...
Goal #2...
 Goal #3!
 And of course when they aren't playing/coaching soccer...they're cheering on the real Man U :)

No comments: