(Prepare for picture overload!) These past two weeks have been wonderful! Rachel and the kids were in town for 10 days (as well as other family members for the weekend) and Liam truly celebrated his birthday almost the whole time! I think the best gift was that Pres and David came to visit...
These cousins are truly best friends and have so much fun doing everything together...
It's also always great to have Rachy in town too!
Pres got back into playgroup routine with us, and here we are at the pool one day...
We celebrated Liam's birthday a few days before with Mallie and Dallie so they could give him their gift...
It was a big surprise for Liam that he had to go outside to see....
A Power Wheel's Jeep! The funny thing about this is that Mal bought it for him BEFORE he was even born! Let's just say a Mattel warehouse sale with an employee discount (thanks Liz!) made this too hard to pass up even though we bought it when I was 8 months pregnant with him :) We have been storing it since and anxiously awaiting the day he was old enough....
I think it was definitely worth it!
Liam was a great driver right from the start...
Pres did a lot of stop-and-go...
And Bryn just slammed on the gas, never looked where she was going, laughing the whole way...her time was short lived as she's still too young!
And just cause she's so cute...
Before I get into the boys birthday weekends, I have to post about our girls day. Mal treated all of us girls to an afternoon tea...Pres and Bryn LOVED it!
Definitely a new tradition!
On Thursday night, we went out to dinner at Rick's Chophouse to celebrate Nick and Rachel's birthdays...
The next morning Liam woke up to find his house had been transformed into...
He was very excited to see all the party decorations! He got up really early that morning and although I usually make him lay in bed till 7am, I just couldn't. He literally woke up, gasped and whispered to himself "It's my birthday!"

My birthday boys had waffles and omelets for breakfast...
On Friday morning, Nick and I took Liam, Pres, and Bryn to school so that Liam could celebrate with his friends. Here are the cupcakes that he picked out for this party...
Sitting around the circle in his class...
Liam was asked to talk about himself, so he told everyone about how his house was now Gotham City...it was precious.
Liam got to pick a friend to sit next to him and of course he picked Pres...don't worry Bryn jumped up to follow them too :)
Liam and his summer teacher, Ms. Tabitha
Liam and Daniel...
Liam and Avick....
His summer class...
On Friday night, Pops and Nana got into town and treated us to a birthday dinner at Chuy's...
Saturday morning was the day of the party! Let me just first say, I can't thank everyone enough for their help setting things up, preparing food, etc. I could never host a party like this without the help of family, and I'm so grateful to all who were there for me!
Of course for a Batman birthday, we all got into the theme...
The party was wonderful and consisted of all the most important things!
Family...
Friends...
Food...
Fun...
Pin-the-bat-signal...
Batman pinata...
and of course, superheroes!! Each of the kids got a personalized cape and mask...
It's a good thing we had so many superheroes there, because some villians decided to crash the party!
The kids were ready to defend the backyard with water balloons!
Poison Ivy (Rachy), Riddler (Pops), Catwoman (Linds), and Penguin (Daddy) were no match for these kids :)
I think for Liam (and most of the guests!) the villians were a favorite part :)
Soon it was time to open presents, and Liam was showered with the most thoughtful, generous gifts...
Nick opened some gifts too...here's one of his favorites of course :)
Saturday night, we all hung out and had a big take-out Chinese dinner...
and after the kids went to bed a rowdy, alcohol-infused game of Balderdash!
Sunday afternoon we went to the Rough Riders game. Here is Bryn holding her hand(s) over her heart during the national anthem :)
Liam took his glove and was ready to catch a foul ball! (haha, just a simulation :)
It was great weather, and we all had a great time...
Even baby David got chosen to compete in the competition and was on the jumbo tron!
I think this four year old had his best birthday yet! Can't wait for many, many more! I've got so much to say about Liam at this age, but I'm going to wait until his check-up with all his stats in September. Love, love, love my baby/big boy the most!!!
































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment