Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3, 2012: 1st Weekend of Summer

I think we started the summer off right...

Friday morning was playgroup...I love these pictures because it's a little bit of what play dates are like.  Lots of kids ages 6 months to 3.5 years old...lots of sharing and catching up...


and lots of love between little and big kids :)


Friday afternoon was the kids last swim lesson.  Liam now jumps off the side to his teacher and swims back to the wall.  He loves to back float and monkey walk.  He always comes up from underwater with a look of shock, but he keeps doing it and we are so proud!

Friday night, Mal and Dal took Nick and I to see Mamma Mia!  We had an awesome dinner and the show was great!
Saturday morning we went over to Mal/Dal's to say goodbye to the Smiths.  We had a great visit and are trying to plan our next visit this summer as we already miss them too much!
 After saying goodbye, we went over to Liam's game.  Here's TNTs biggest fans snacking during the game :)
 Liam has been doing so much better and getting much more confident on the field.  I think these are the first pictures I have where he is actually getting in the mix and going after the ball...or as he says "I was aggressive!" (FYI-we are just trying to get our very mild-mannered, sensitive kid to be more assertive...it's just hard to teach that when all he's ever known is to share and not take away a ball from another kid.)

 Way to defend the goal :)

 No really, he actually blocked this shot!!

 Snacks after the game...
Saturday afternoon, Liam went to his friend Devan's birthday party.  These are his friends from school, Sasha, Angelina, and Devan...
 He was the only boy from class who came to the 'my lil pony' party, but I don't think he noticed with a cake that big :)
 Later that day, we did some yard work as a family...

 Well Brynnie didn't really pull her weight, but she's so cute, we let it slide :)
 Saturday night, Nick and Linds went to a movie while I stayed home with the kids.  I noticed that Liam wasn't falling asleep after he went to bed, so I let him get up and watch a movie with me.  It was better than the theater snuggling with my boy :)
Sunday has been just as busy...oil changes, grocery shopping, chalk drawing, swimming, naps, racing cars, organizing, wagon riding, laundry, grilling out, working out, blogging...literally so busy that I didn't take one pic!!  But my whole family is sleeping by 8pm so I guess that's a sign of a good day :)

No comments: