I am so behind on posts this month...so here it is all at once. If I had to describe this month in one word it would be: sick! Between the two of them there have been multiple ear infections, bronchitis, sinus infection, influenza A, and RSV just to name a little of it. Antibiotics, breathing treatments, steroids and countless other OTC symptom relievers. However as bad as that sounds, they actually didn't 'look' that bad. Some fevers and wheezing, but otherwise they were eating and mostly playful throughout. I have hated seeing them sick and am tired of all the medicine as well, but overall thankful for their general health. I have taken care of much sicker children, and I am so blessed to have healthy kids (even if there immune system is temporarily on strike).
Now, if I were going to sum up our month in some other words, here's what they would be:
Birthdays!
This month was Dallie, Pops, and Grandpa Chris' birthdays. We did celebrate with Dal by making him an apple cake.
Valentine's Day!
Here is Liam making Valentine's for his friends...although we then didn't get to go to the play date because of illness.
Valentine's pancakes...
Here is the 'romantic' Valentine's dinner I made for Liam and Bryn: salmon, corn, broccoli, avocado, pinapple, all fresh from our co-op (and yes Liam now writes the word of the day!)
Eaten by candlelight :)
Vegas!
Amelia and Daniel had their joint bachelor/bachelorette parties in Las Vegas! I was very, very close to missing it because of how sick Bryn was. But she improved a little bit by the day I had to leave and I left her in very capable hands (Mallie) who took over her treatments and meds. I am so glad Nick and I both got to go and Bryn continued to get better while we were gone. We had a great group of girls (Rach, Daphne, Britty, Candace, Meha, and Lauren) and so much fun!
Amelia's ducks were not too kind this trip...
Since pole fitness is the new exercise, we decided to all take a class together...in our matching shirts!
I won't give away which brown-haired Renfro girl this is but she impressed us all with her strength and coordination!
Back to the room for champagne and Meha's shower...
Amelia decided a long time ago that she wanted to make all of us wear the bridesmaids dresses she had to wear in our weddings. It was a fun idea, especially because Amelia wore my mom's wedding dress!
Bridal pimp cup!
We definitely turned some heads in our mis-matched formal wear...
For our dinner at China Poblano, two of my friends from LA, Jen and Liz, came out with us that night. So fun to see them!
Then it was on to Haze...I love dancing, but can't hang like I used to :)
The next day we decided to meet back up with the boys for some shopping and gambling...
2 weeks till the big day...we are getting so excited!
After everyone left, Nick and I stayed an extra day. No pics of us, but we had a great dinner and went to see LOVE! It was such a nice getaway for us and we are sooooo thankful to Dallie and Mallie for taking the kids, especially in their current state!
Here are the kids treats from the trip...I found Liam a Man U kit, so of course couldn't resist!
And Bryn got beads which she loved!
Museum!
We went to the discovery day at the museum since the shark exhibit came out. We were so proud that Liam was brave enough to go through it and he's still telling us shark facts that he learned.
Both kids love the children's museum which is where Bryn and I spent most of our time while the boys were looking at sharks. She loves all the real-life play like farming, cooking, and the fire station.
Superhero!
There is usually some superhero at our house at any point in the day...we play Batman and Superman the most, but you will occasionally find Wonder Woman (or Super Baby as we call her!)
And more often than not, Batman takes his act on the road...storytime, grocery store, doctor's office...never know where you will see him!
Photography!
So I only have one class left in my photography course. I have really enjoyed this class and learned so much. I am too embarrassed to look back through my blog at what now appear as obvious mistakes, mainly with my exposure. It has been hard to have time to take many pics with my camera, and everything above has been from my cell phone. But since I had an assignment, it forced me to get back into using my camera and although I have a long way to go, here are some of my recent pics that I submitted for my 'final', (as you can see I prefer shooting living things...)
Love his smirk...
(yes I know this over-exposed...but I kind of liked it in an artsy way)
This cropping makes her look exactly like Liam in this shot!
Probably one of my favorite so far...
These moving targets are not so easy to shoot...but I'm pleased with how much faster I am getting with adjusting my manual settings! I love having a new hobby (when I have the time), and appreciate my family's support. Our weather is still crazy, which I blame for all the illness we've had. Although I can't say I didn't enjoy 80 degrees in Feb, I wouldn't have minded a little taste of winter weather...oh well, with this weather we definitely have spring fever now!




















































No comments:
Post a Comment