Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 6, 2011: 11 months old!

 Less than a month till her first birthday, I just can't believe it!  Bryn's personality is definitely coming out lately, and to put it in one word I would have to say 'spunky'!  She knows what she likes, and that's what she better get or you'll hear about it :)  She has already tried to bite (gum actually since there are no teeth!) Liam multiple times when they are fighting over a toy.  She also now loves to shake her head no which is kind of funny, but I try not to encourage her.  She LOVES feeding herself and we are lucky to get bites of baby food in between her stuffing her face.  She and Liam even split a Jersey Mike's turkey and cheese sandwhich yesterday...granted it took her forever to eat because it was in a million little pieces but she ate it all!  So far one of the only foods she didn't love was vanilla ice cream...
She thought about it, but just wasn't into it...although you can see by her face/shirt she obviously had a good dinner :)
Bryn has even started to warm up to boys like Dallie and Daniel...

 She loves her big wheels and doesn't want anyway touching her steering wheel...

 She is standing, cruising and taking a few steps while holding our hands...
And despite not being able to walk, she has learned how to crawl upstairs! As I learned one day while cooking dinner...I saw her crawling towards Liam in the dining room and turned my back for maybe a minute...found her on the landing =lesson learned :)  After this photo op, the gate is now in use!

But she was so proud of herself for getting up there :)
Bryn still loves playing with balls and it's funny to see her crawl/chase them all over.  Still loves the laundry baskets, any toy that Liam is playing with (especially Cars), and water bottles...not into books or TV though...she's definitely a 'hands-on' girl.
Bryn loves music...she still starts bopping when she hears music, which is really cute.  I was so excited for her to play on her piano...but it appears that she might be taking after Meha and going towards percussion...how does she already know how to hold drumsticks like that?

Bryn's preferred method of travel is in our arms...she will sit in her carseat or stroller when necessary but if your arms are open she expects to fill them :)

 She is very proud of her new milestone of pointing...
 Even upside down...
 My loves, getting so big!
Bryn has daddy wrapped around her finger.  She even calls him in the way that sometimes I do (when I'm trying to get my way!) Mine is "Nickyyyyyy" and hers is "Dadaaaaa".  It's funny and probably foreshadowing her teen years :)

Our beautiful big girl...can't wait to see even more of your spunky personality as you get closer to your birthday and becoming a toddler!

3 comments:

The Haynes Family said...

Emily, I know I have said it before, but Bryn is so PRETTY!! Her sweet little petite features are so cute. You have a sweetest kids and we are so lucky to be friends with you guys!

Rachel and Cameron said...

She is so pretty (and definitely favors Liam, but looks very feminine). Can't wait to see her in person soon. She is so grown up all of a sudden.

Anonymous said...

Bryn, mallie loves your gummy, toothless smiles and grins. Mallie's word to describe you is PRECIOUS. lovelovelove you and your big brother.