Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 20, 2011: 2 (weeks), 2 (months), 2 (years)

2 weeks:
Before I can begin posting about our life currently, I have to go back a bit. I have been meaning to post some more pictures from Byrn's newborn photo shoot when she was 2 weeks old...here they are! She was (and still is) such a baby doll. She's always getting compliments on her perfect lips :)










2 months:
Bryn is 2 months old (well by the time I post this, almost 3 months!!! She did so great at her 2 month appointment, cried for a minute after shots and then was back to normal for the rest of the day. Here are her 2 month stats: 12 lbs (65%), 22.75 in (51%), head circumference was 46% (I forget the actual measurement...but if she's anything like her bro that head is gonna get real big, real fast!). Bryn had a hip click at her appointment (just like Liam at this age) so we went to have a hip ultrasound. Unfortunately, (unlike Liam) hers was positive, showing the head of the femur sitting outside of the hip. We waited a few weeks, hoping it was just a false positive because she was so young, but also went to Scottish Rite to follow up. That appointment went great and they couldn't elicit a click from her manually or see any hip dysplasia on ultrasound, yay!

Bryn is so alert at this age. She's very nosy and doesn't like to sleep during the day because she might miss something :) However she is sleeping about 8-10 hours at night, so I'll take it! She's on a really good feeding schedule and does great with Meha and Mal while I'm at work. She is smiling and cooing all the time, and it's amazing that she can already recognize us...I know this because when I get home from work, she gives me the biggest grins ever! She has always had very good head control and she's already sitting up in her Bumbo. She loves to watch Liam and we do lots of tummy time and mat time with her. Liam loves to surround her with dinosaurs while she is playing on her jungle mat, it's so cute! Her nicknames so far are Brynbot (which then became bot and botbot) and Brynbear (which from that Liam will sing "Brynbear, Brynbear what do you see?" like the Brown bear, brown bear book). Sometimes Nick, Liam and I will call her Brynnie, even though I swore I never would :) Amelia says that Brynbot is a snob (actually she just makes the gesture of sticking her nose in the air)...but just because she will scream, shriek, and wail if you dare set her down or take longer than 2 seconds to get her feeding started when she's hungry doesn't make her a snob...just a girl who knows (and demands!) what she wants :) Nobody makes Bryn giggle as much as her daddy...Bryn also loves getting to be a part of Liam's bedtime stories...Life with two kids continues to be fun...and sometimes stressful. I'm officially back at work this month and as much as I love what I do, it's hard to be gone from the kids for so long on those days. Our evenings on my work days are tough too. It's a scramble from when I pick them up to get them fed, bathed and to bed at a decent time. I miss them so much, but it's hard to get dinner done and keep them both happy during 'the witching hour' before Nick gets home. My saving graces during this time have been the moby wrap (because I can hold Bryn and cook at the same time) and Lindsey! It's been so great having another adult around to help with dinner and the kids and just to chat. But when no one else is home and I have a starving, cranky toddler and Bryn is alseep in her carseat...well I don"t just leave her just sitting on top of the cubbies still strapped in her car seat so I can start dinner...nope, not me :) Sorry Bryn but, sometimes when I'm outnumbered, it's all about getting creative. We've been so lucky to have Amelia, Rachel and Mal watching them so far....but starting this spring they will both be in school together! We found a really great place and I think they will both thrive in this school. Liam and I talk about it all the time and he's excited to start. We have our first parent/teacher conference in a few weeks! I'm really not worried about him, but I hope Bryn transitions easily. I remember what it's like to have a baby in daycare, so I guess I know what to expect...but I still think it's probably going to be hardest for me :)

Rach and I have had so much fun dressing our girls up in their matching outfits! Pres is so sweet to her baby cousin...We had Bryn baptized on January 16th at the same church Liam was baptized (and now the church we joined since moving here), St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. Bryn wore the gown that my sisters, Pres, and I were baptized in. She was an angel throughout the ceremony, however there was one unruly child running through the pews yelling "I'm fast like Lightning McQueen!" At least he did that was after the ceremony :) Liam was all over the place during it, but he did stay mostly quiet. Bryn is very blessed and was surrounded by family and friends on her special day...
The proud godparents...
The afterparty...which required Bryn to change into her party clothes and party hairbow!! (compliments of Julia!)
As you noticed in the pics above, Kiki was in town to meet Bryn and for her baptism. We had a great visit with her, and she got in lots of playtime with the kids.
2 years:
Well technically Liam is really 2.5! And I have to confess one thing...
Yup, he's still rocking the crib. It's so funny when I set Bryn in it while I'm dressing him in his room, she's seems so ridiculously small. It's been a while since I've seen a real baby in that crib :) What can I say, he's happy and sleeping well, so I'm not going to rock the boat.

I have to take a moment to post some of Liam's quotes because he's had some really good ones lately...and let me preface by saying I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff!

*While driving in the car and listening to hip hop on the radio, Liam starts dancing in his seat and says "I'm at the club too, mama!"
*Just for no reason he will say "Oh. My. Gosh." (with the pauses and everything)
*To me he said one night "It's okay mama, I will help you...after I eat my dinner"
*Liam: "What's that called mama?" Me: "That is a boat called a cruise ship" Liam : "I want to go there".
*To Nick when he was helping him in the garage he said "It's time to get serious. We are good workers"
*When Presley had an accident in our house he told her "you know better Pres...look into my eyes when I'm talking to you"
*From the other room, I heard him ask Nick if he could watch a movie. Nick said no, not right now. I heard him tell his grandma "let's go see what she says" and then watched in awe as he came to ask me the same question!! Sneaky little guy...
*One day Liam was looking for a missing toy with his grandma all around the room. His grandpa from the couch kept calling out 'why don't you look under the table...maybe you should check under the couch' ...to which Liam quickly replied "maybe you should help". He really said it innocently which was the funniest part.
We have to laugh, but sometimes I wonder if I'm raising a toddler boy or teenage girl with all the attitude he's displaying...

Liam's big news for this month is that we cut his hair!!! The first haircut was definitely more traumatic for me than Liam :) Here are the before shots...

Here he is during the cut...Pres got a cut too...And of course the whole fam was there to witness the long-awaited first haircut!
And the after shot...he's such a big boy now! Well at least now his hair matches his vocab :)Of course we still go to our weekly storytime with friends...Liam loves to 'shake his sillies out', listen to the stories, go on a bear hunt, do the hokey pokey...and then run around the room like a 'loose monkey' aftewards with his friends.


That is a cute little row of Jackson-Addison-Pres-Liam-Davey bums looking out the window of the library and giggling behind the window shade.I love that Liam and Pres still want to hold hands...
The weather this month has been crazy. We literally went from 20 degrees (which meant a snow day for Liam!)to 70 degees! During this particular beautiful day we went to the Heard museum with Daniel and Meha to see the dinosaur exhibit along the nature trail....So for my birthday this month (which I will post about next) Nick got me a new camera...a really nice Canon Rebel with two different lenses. I totally don't know how to use it yet, so I've just been playing around. Here are some of my pics with the new camera so far...The shutter speed is so fast, I can finally catch the kids looking at me! Amelia didn't believe the shutter was fast enough, so she decided to test it with her 'modeling'...here's the result...Sorry Meha, couldn't help posting that, hehe. And now that my camera has passed it's quality control :), here is one last pic to leave you with...

A face I never get tired of looking at! Love you baby Bryn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Barker Family
Hi Liam and Bryn,
It has only been 2 weeks since we have seen you and oh you have grown so much. Your day is so fun and you learn new things by the minute. I miss you.
Love, Grandma Deb

Anonymous said...

Thank you Emmy for the enormous amount of effort you put into these blogs.
I know Liam and Bryn will appreciate as much as I do how you have captured all these memories.

-Nicky B

Anonymous said...

Bryn looks so cute and has such a pesonality for her age. Liam looks so much older with the hair cute. Thanks for sharing.
Steve and Carla

Anonymous said...

Great posts Emmy! Hope to see you guys soon.

Love you all!
Aunt Steph

A Wassel said...

I love all the pictures of the new baby bryn! But I also really enjoy Liam's quotes. "we are good workers". Keep on raisin' em up good. Wish I could see them more. Wassel is more than a moving Christmas elf.