Monday, October 25, 2010

November 1, 2010: October adventures and Halloween 2010!

First (as if you couldn't tell by these pictures...), I'm still very pregnant. Okay I'm only 38.5 weeks but I'm so tired (more like comatose), sick to my stomach with the WORST heartburn (I lost 2 lbs last week), and overall kind of done with this pregnancy (I just want to meet Ziggy!!). Needless to stay, I stopped working last week as well. Liam was born at 37 weeks, so this is all new territory for me as well. Last week I was 2cm dilated and 75% effaced and this week I'm still 2cm but 90% effaced with her head at station 0...so I am progressing...just hopefully sooner than later. We did set an induction date so I can officially begin counting down days, although I would love for her to come on her own. When I'm up for it, we are doing alot of walking and of course Liam keeps me active too! Regardless of how bad I feel, Ziggy seems to be living it up with all her movements...despite the fact she gets elbowed and kneed by Liam multiple times a day, she seems pretty content. She's measuring 7.5 lbs as of today, so I guess she's okay with my diet of Goldfish and Cheerios (partly because it doesn't upset my stomach and partly because I haven't been to the grocery store or cooked in over 2 weeks. Thank goodness for Mal and Meha keeping us fed one a daily basis!) I'm just glad that Ziggy's doing well and growing, despite the fact my body is doing the opposite. But as everyone keeps saying, the end is in sight and soon she'll be in my arms :)

Liam is staying busy with visits to pumpkin patches, fall festivals, a visit from Linds, weekly story time, and lunch dates with mommy...

He LOVES feeding the animals as you will see throughout this post.
Grapevine Fall Festival with Aunt Linds...
Decorating for Halloween with Linds...
Once a week Liam and I meet our playgroup friends for coffee (or hot chocolate for me and Liam) and then walk to story time at the library. It's becoming a fun tradition and he loves to go on a bear hunt, shake his sillies out, and do the hokey pokey which are the songs we do at every class.
As I mentioned, I'm so not up for cooking right now...so unless it's from the pantry or Mal's house, Liam and I are doing alot of eating out currently :) Here we are on two of our "dates", one to IHOP and one to Fireside Pies (where they let Liam 'make' his own pizza, so cool!)
October 21st was our 4 year wedding anniversary. We did sneak off to dinner the weekend before but are really saving up to celebrate big next year. Our actual anniversary weekend was too busy anyway...with the Rangers game, the dinosaur exhibit, and Alex and Amelia's 25th birthday!
I guess the only thing more exciting than moving to Dallas and seeing the Rangers make it to the World Series is watching your best friend do it! We are so proud of Murph, and Nick was able to go to 2 playoff games including the one where they won the American League Pennant! Since he was sitting with the Murphy family, he was also able to go down to the field to celebrate after the win. What an amazing night....
We were SO excited when the dinosaur exhibit opened at the children's museum this month. Liam is totally in a dino phase right now and can probably name about 20 different kinds. He still sleeps with his little T Rex figure, although we no longer take him out without us because he was too hard to keep track of. He also has a new big T Rex stuffed animal in his crib now too, thanks to Grandma. He likes to tell little T Rex "that's your mama" about the big T Rex. He also reads to his stuffed animals and loves to read them the dinosaur books of course. When he comes to the T Rex pictures he will say "T Rex is looking at himself" and tell his toys all the facts about T Rex he has memorized...so yeah, this dino exhibit was a big deal and we'll def be going back soon :)

Liam also 'introduced' himself to each dinosaur saying "Hi Stegosaurus/Ankylosaurus/Pteranodon/Velicoraptor (you get my drift), I'm Liam, nice to meet you." Nick and I were cracking up behind him, but made sure to say hi as well :)It's been a long time since our whole family has lived in the same city and been able to celebrate the twins' birthday together! We started off at Ra for sushi and then the siblings (minus preggo) headed out to the bars. Liam adores getting to play with his Uncle Alex and Meha. I have to give a special shout out to Meha, Liam's "nanny" for the moment. We def couldn't have made it through these last few months without her help and Liam looks so forward to their 'fun Fridays' and other adventures...we're so fortunate to take advantage of her before some lucky school 'swipes' her away!Halloween weekend was super busy for us. On Friday morning Liam met his playgroup at the pumpkin patch, this time in costume! He and Pres were super cute as Mickey and Minnie...


I had to include this next pic because you can still see Liam's bald spot on the back of his head...also known as his first 'haircut' courtesy of Miss Pres :)Some attempts at a group pic...including one of Mickey and his two Minnies!
Friday night we went to Scare on the Square, where Liam got to trick-or-treat at all the local shops. We also met 6 other families for dinner afterwards at Sauce, although I didn't get any pics. It was a great night and such a fun Halloween experience for Liam!

Halloween weekend our weather was beautiful, even a little chilly at night. Liam loves his Halloween blankie and has been cuddling with it all month...I'm going to have to hide it or it will be out all year!On Halloween, we went trick-or-treating at the Scholz's house and then Rachel and Cameron's neighborhood since ours is still not fully developed. Our whole family was over to watch the little ones trick-or-treat for the first time and to help pass out candy. Liam's friend Davey and his parents also walked around with us. It was so fun, and Liam's bucket must have weighed about 10 lbs by the time we cut him off! He just kept saying "go to next house...one more house" all night :)

No comments: