September 6, 2010: Ziggy turns the big 3-0!
Yes, Miss Ziggy is 30 weeks now! It's a tough spot because the end is near, but not close enough. And even though I was slow to grow and put on weight in the beginning, I have def caught up by now :) My vice this pregnancy is crepes...darn you Meha! Meha started making these "healthy" crepes made with whole wheat flour and such...they are actually only 30 calories. However, when you stuff them with Nutella and cover them in powdered sugar and whipped cream, I'm pretty sure the calorie count is a little higher. Oh well, I've given up at this point. I know the weight will come off (hopefully) like it did the first time. I'm going to the doctor's every two weeks now. Passed my glucose tolerance test, no anemia this time (yay!), and got my Rhogam shot at my last appointment. That's because I have a negative blood type, and with Nick being positive, Ziggy could be either. Liam ended up being negative like me, but I have to get the shot so that essentially my body doesn't turn on the baby for being a positive blood type. Anyway, thankfully in this day in age, it's no big deal. Ziggy is still a very active little girl, lots of kicking and rolling around. We don't have a name picked out yet, but we have it narrowed it down to our favorite 5 or 6. We do have her whole room planned and most of the decorations picked out, which I can't wait to share! In the next 3 weeks, Nick is going to paint her room and her dresser and then I'll be able to hang her curtains and pictures. Her colors are grey and purple :) and I can't wait to post pics. Which I guess at the same time, I'll have to post some of Liam's room and playroom as well since I haven't put those on the blog yet either. I have done a terrible job of posting belly pics this pregnancy :( I mean, obviously you see my belly in pictures but I haven't been good about tracking mine and Ziggy's growth. I'll see what I can do to remedy that. In the meantime here's some pics of all of us and what we were up to in August!First we had ALOT of birthdays in August. Besides Liam and Nick, it was also Cameron and Rachy's birthdays! Here's a pic of Liam and Pres eating together at Cameron's birthday dinner. I love them eating at their own table, such big kids...
Liam and I did celebrate with Rachy on her birthday. Cameron was out of town and Presley had been sick...like fever-for-5-days-straight-sick...during that week as well. So Liam and I took Rachy a birthday dinner, but we didn't take any pictures cause Rach and Pres were looking a little rough that week...not that I blame them :) Here's another sweet pic of the cousins at the boys' birthday dinner at Olive Garden. They love to hold hands now, although occasionally Presley is not in the mood :)

And while we're talking about cousins holding hands...here are some pics of the kids playing with our friends at pool...and these playdates usually end with Liam and Pres holding hands to the car :) 



Here is Liam trying on his new birthday clothes from Kiki...Polo jeans and a Vandy shirt, what could be cuter?! Oh and of course I had to capture his little bum as he was doing his 'model' pose...
Here is a picture of the boys I found on my camera. I am guessing it's from a weekend morning when Nick lets me sleep in...I hope he is willing to do this when he's got two to entertain :)
We also took Liam to Hurricane Bay, the water park, with Uncle Alex. Liam loved the little splash areas all over and the wave pool. He would not take his eyes off Nick and Alex when they went down the big slides, he was screaming for them the whole time.

This month was also our the end of the Snow Cone Lady and Rough Riders games for this summer. Although I didn't get Liam eating his snow cone, I finally got a picture of him visiting the trains that are parked behind her stand (his second favorite reason for going!) We even got to see two "real trains" go past this summer which was such a treat for Liam.
Liam has really started getting into the traditions of a baseball game...singing the national anthem, cheering "play ball!", the 7th inning stretch, etc. Now, even though I didn't stand him up during the anthem like I usually do, I had to capture how sweet he looks. He always has his hand over his heart and takes his hat off...
To make the last game of the summer even more special...Liam 'caught' a foul ball!! It actually bounced off Tiffany, Dal, and was caught by Alex as it landed in his stomach...then handed to Liam. He was SOOO excited though and we got a pic of everyone involved in the catch.
Here's a pic of all of us at the game. Daniel was in town this week to meet us all and seemed to do well with all the chaos that our family entails :)
We also went to the Dallas Aquarium with Pres and Jackson. It was very cool, and as you can tell from the pics, Liam's favorite exhibit was the shark tunnel. It was sharks, stingrays, swordfish, and the largest turtle I've ever seen. They literally swam all around you!




As always Liam is continuing to do so many 'big boy' things. Here he is on the potty. We aren't officially potty training, just trying to get comfortable with the process. As you can tell, we have alot involved. Liam has a whole entourage that comes with him including 10 dinosaurs, 2 hotwheels, a crab and octopus, baseball, and a few books. I don't know if we'll be able to keep that up, but I am trying to get prepared to set him up to succeed. We have our little toilet seat as you can see, and he now owns about 25 pairs of Mickey Mouse, dinosaur,and Thomas the Train underpants. I've got stickers and M&Ms ready for the rewards. I think we're going to attempt this month to see if he can do it before Ziggy is born. I would LOVE to have him trained and just one kid in diapers, but I also realize that he just turned 2 and I want it to be a positive experience....so we'll see.
And finally here is Liam practicing his big brother role by 'feeding' his 'baby'. I know alot of people recommended getting him a doll to learn with but we've just been improvising with what we've got..
As long as he's not trying to feed Ziggy ice cream cones, I think we'll be alright!
1 comment:
He is such a big boy! Presley has a few dolls he can choose from to pretend with if you want. Although, I think she's warmed him up to the idea of a "sibling". Ziggy can thank her later for breaking him in :) Only 10 (probably less) weeks to go! Can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment