Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 28, 2010: You might be pregnant if...

  • Halfway through eating your bowl of cereal you realize there is a second spoon sticking out of your bowl.
  • When you go to brush your teeth one morning, there is already toothpaste on your brush. (which means, yes, the night before I obviously put toothpaste on the brush and then put the brush away without actually using it)
  • You completely forget your child's doctor appointment which was booked 6 weeks ago.
  • You spend an hour shopping at Target, get the to the check out line with all you stuff...and then realize you don't have your wallet with you. (THANKFULLY it's found in the car though!)
  • You help your child to get dressed only to have your two year old tell you "that not my left foot mama"....yes, you have put his shoes on backwards.
  • You always remember your phone/sunglasses/jacket/water/etc only after pulling out of the driveway.
  • You put your child in his carseat, get in the driver's seat, and then hear him say "you forgot to buckle me mama". (Good thing my toddler is so smart...and verbal...and such a rule-follower :)
  • You get lost driving to a restaurant that you have been to 3 times before and is less than 10 minutes from your house.
  • When you pause with a blank look on your face, your child asks "what you forget mama?" because he has been present for all the previous examples and has heard me explain "oh I forgot...." a million times now!

But other than the very mild case of pregnancy brain ;), Ziggy and I are still doing well! We had a rough week last week, with my tummy not agreeing with anything I ate, but am doing better these past few days. At our visit yesterday, Ziggy is still measuring great but has done a somersault on us and is now breech. The doctor's not concerned because she has enough room and fluid to still flip back around so we'll see. I am having alot more Braxton-Hicks again too this past week, so we'll just continue to watch those. I had them with Liam as well and they're not painful so hopefully it won't be an issue.

The nursery is coming along! Nick and Dallie painted the room this weekend and I am so happy with the color. Nick also painted her dresser and hung her curtains. We are working on getting her room set up and all the paintings hung. The only thing that will be missing is her crib which is still being used by Liam :) Liam is talking alot about Ziggy and loves seeing her room and talking about all her things in there. We have narrowed down the names and are trying out our favorites on him. Liam's response to our favorite girl name was "No, I don't like that name. That not a good name. How 'bout Thomas?" Not exactly the response I expected but we were cracking up! However the more we say it, he seems to be coming around although he's really pushing for Thomas as the middle name :)

And it's finally fall in Texas!! True fall weather with a crisp breeze, lots of sunshine, and the tempature is below 100 degrees :) Actually it's been in the low 70s when we go out in the morning...and it might not surprise you that yesterday Liam and I were out in tank tops, shorts, and flip flops when all our friends were in long-sleeves and pants...pregnancy brain strikes again :)

No comments: