Tuesday, August 3, 2010

July 2010: Summer Fun!

Liam continues having a wonderful summer. It's been nice not traveling so much this year, and we've been plenty busy at home!

Dallie and Mallie have found a new favorite treat...the Snow Cone Lady! As you'll see in this blog, we visit her little stand often :) We took Liam to the Railroad Museum as well as the Museum of Nature and Science. They have a wonderful Children's museum as well and both my boys LOVED going there. Liam is in a huge train phase and even though he's still partial to Thomas and Chuggington, he liked seeing the real trains too. They were so much bigger than I would've expected.At the Children's museum Liam dug for dinosaurs bones, dressed up like a fireman, built Lego blocks, played at the water table, looked at backyard bugs, crawled through tunnels, milked a cow, and cooked mommy some food :)Mal and Dal took us all to a Rough Riders game...Liam has gone to 5 so far this season and loves it. It could be all the free food he gets, but he does stare at the field yelling "Go Murph" or "Go Rangers"...oh well at least it's the right city.Liam and I also got a special treat while Nick was visiting Linds in San Antonio. We celebrated Liam's birthday (a month early) with Mal and Dal at his first dinner at Benihana's. He loved the rice, hat, and cooking right in front of him...and of course the ice cream after dinner. I also got a cute pic of him and Dal afterwards at the fountains outside.
Just a few pics from the weekly family dinner, this time at our house....Liam's new favorite veggie...corn on the cob! Actually he's always liked corn, but now that he knows he can eat it off the cob he refuses it in any other form :)Another first for Liam...the circus!! We had great seats, right under the tightrope. Liam loved the elephants, horses, tigers and jumping dogs. He studied all the stunts very seriously, like he was trying to figure them out. He had big smiles and claps though at the end of every event!

We ended July with a long visit from Grandma Debbie! Liam took her to all his favorite places: Rough Riders game...

Daddy even snapped a shot of Liam getting put in the "naughty spot" during the game...don't worry though, he made amends in time for fireworks! the Snow Cone Lady...(Dal, Mal, and Pres came too!)

the play area at the mall...playtime in Liam's playroom which he now refers to as "chester 'nited room"...it's a reference to all the Manchester United paraphernalia that we have put in his playroom, which Liam is OBSESSED with. I think he's counting down the season opener with his daddy :)

Frisco splash park...and story time!! Liam learned about seeds and got to plant some of his own...hopefully mommy can keep it alive :) We had such a good visit with Grandma and can't wait to see all the fam in a few weeks for Liam's birthday weekend!!!Look who's almost 2!! And no, the curls aren't going anywhere anytime soon :)Ziggy and I continue to have fun as well. She's growing and her kicks are ridiculously strong already! I don't know if she's excited or just is ready to get out, but she's non-stop. I remember worrying about Liam and having to count my kicks, but I literally feel her all day! She def doesn't want us to forget she's on her way I guess :) I promise to post a belly shot soon. She seems to be growing straight out just like Liam did...but that could changes as we have many more weeks to go! Work is going well and I'm picking up extra shifts now whenever I can. I also took some more lactation education classes so that I can start seeing some new moms and babies for breastfeeding consultations! I'm so excited about this, and hope it will be a good experience. Nick's been busy with work, but has a few trips coming up with fall which he's really looking forward to. Since his birthday is always a little overshadowed by Liam, he'll celebrate later in the fall with trip to LA and Vegas with the boys...not too shabby :) We have a busy month coming up with Liam, Nick, Cameron, and Rachel's bdays, can't wait!

5 comments:

Rachel and Cameron said...

We have been busy! Can't believe Liam is almost 2! We're excited for his party and so thankful we get to play with him almost daily. Presley loves her playmate. And Liam, don't worry... Rachey will take you for a haircut soon if your mother still hasn't :)

Anonymous said...

Grandma will sure miss Liam for morning coffee making and breakfast.
Coffee doesn't smell the same without Liam ! I was so happy to get to play play play so much. It was fun not being a holiday and being part of your everyday life. Thanks for sharing Liam with Grandma. He is incredible and knows so much. I miss everybody already.

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

super sweet post.. sheehans adore your family and extended family (smiths) :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures

Anonymous said...

Great Post, Emmy! It is so fun to see all the wonderfu adventures of Liam Barker. Thank you so much for sharing his life with us this way. We are so excited to see you guys this weekend!! Love Aunt Steph