Thursday, February 7, 2008

What do voodoo, double down, and crunch wrap supreme have in common?

They are all names for our baby!! (don't worry, only DURING the pregnancy) Here is the origin of each name:

Voodoo: So as we said, this pregnancy was a surprise. So much so, that Nick's first comment on learning I was pregnant was "Is this baby voodoo or something??" I know the word can have some negative or weird connotations, but it was meant as something magical and special. So it stuck. As we go through this experience and everything is changing (in a good way!) it definitely seems to be the perfect name. Mal and others in our family have shortened the name to 'doo or lil 'doo which is cool too.

Double down: This name was given by our brother-in-law, Cameron. Since this baby is coming from our family, it wouldn't be shocking for it's first word to revolve around gambling, blackjack, Vegas or cards. If you see any bald, little people at the MGM casino in about a year, that's probably our little double down :)

Crunch Wrap Supreme: No this name was not given for any of my weird cravings. Actually when talking with my friend Liz, I told her we would still have an active social life after having a baby because our baby would be 'good to go'. I meant in a way of packing up the baby and bringing it along, but she pointed out that the phrase I had used was actually a Taco Bell slogan for the crunch wrap supreme. Oops. I think I probably watch too much TV...

We like them all, but probably use voodoo the most...even if you hate them all, you have to admit it's better than calling it "the baby" or "it" for the next six months!

No comments: