I hope the kids have had as much fun as I have had with them this summer...because we have been BUSY! (Hence all the pics are from my phone cam)
We finished up our 2 weeks of swim lessons...
And while she dances Liam runs around the indoor track with his ipod :)
Bowling...
9 pounds=9 pounds :) (Nora at 6 weeks old)
Hope Park...
Bryn getting ready for the 4th...
Ice cream at Double Dip...
Rough Riders game (Nora's 1st game)...
Swimming and grilling on the 4th at Mal/Dal's...
Bounce house over the weekend...
Making Despicable Me 2 cars at Home Depot after they saw the movie with Daddy and Dallie...
"Puzzle Marathon" as Liam called it :) with Linds...
Between Nora and me, we've also had a lot of doctor visits lately :( Nora's reflux is getting worse so we started on her an acid reducer so we'll see if it helps. She is still eating well and def gained weight....her 9 lbs brought her to 44%!
It's just so pitiful when the pain wakes her out of her sleep...below is probably her preferred sleeping position...I keep saying we need to hire a professional baby holder to just hold her upright from 11p-6am :) For now, Nick and I pretty much split the time as she feeds about every 3 hours, but then we have to hold her upright for about an hour and she's usually pretty fussy during that time until finally falling asleep. Hopefully now the medicine we can get our happy little girl back....
Nora also had to have her hip ultrasound because of the possibility of hip dysplasia...hopefully she'll be cleared like Liam and Bryn were though...she loved the part were she got to lay on her tummy during it
We finally figured out what was causing all my problems during my last trimester...it only took a CT scan, urogram, xray and cystoscopy (blegh!) to find out I have a 7 mm kidney stone. Well I should say 'had' because I had the lithotripsy procedure done over the holiday weekend to break it up. It actually was not as bad as I probably built it up to be and the recovery is going smoothly. I am grateful that so far this stone has been relatively painless (from what I hear) and I'm just hoping this is all done for good! The only good thing to come out of this was that when my doc described how the lithotripsy worked she said that the machine will send sound waves to break up the stone. Liam is really into transformers right now and one of the main bad guys (a decepticon) is named Soundwave. When I told him Soundwave would be helping the doctors get the rock out of mommy's belly he was so worried that I would turn in to a decepticon that he wanted to go to the hospital with me. So I brought him home Soundwave after the procedure telling him the doctors said they didn't need him anymore and to reassure him Soundwave was NOT inside me :)Lastly two funny pics about Liam. He really has been helpful lately and I will take all the help I can get these days. One day when I was feeding Nora, Bryn was having a meltdown, and Liam kept asking me when I could fix him lunch. Finally realizing I was going to be a while he went into the fridge and pantry and made this lunch for himself...I LOVE the lone mushroom :) I was very proud and gladly welcome him to chip in at mealtime...although Bryn did not want him to make her lunch :)
And although he's been dressing himself for years, we are still working on mixing patterns. But as he said, he wanted to wear a 'handsome shirt' with his 'handsome shorts'. What can I say, he did look handsome :)

































2 comments:
Emily- this post made me TIRED for YOU!! How in thw world have ya'll been so busy with a NEWBORN?!?!
I hope you're feeling good & that stone is long gone!! Great pictures!! looking forward to seeing ya'll Friday!
tooooo funny .. love the last few pictures and stories about liam. hahhahah
Post a Comment