
Liam is such a sweet big brother and is sooo attentive to Bryn. He throws away her dirty diapers, picks up her pacifiers when she drops them, reads and sings to her. When I'm driving and ask him is she's awake or sleeping he will keep me posted. Usually she's sleeping, but when she wakes up he yells "She opened her pretty eyes!" He does not like when she cries and this time of year will tell her "You better stop crying Bryn. You're not going to get any presents!" Obviously he's catching on to how this whole Santa thing works :) Here are some other things that Liam says to Bryn: "Bryn, don't be scared, it's just a toy" (about his T-Rex) and "Are you comsturble Bryn?" (when she's in her bouncer).
Here are Bryn and Liam just being cute...








Our partying continues as we had James and Michael's 2nd birthdays this month (we also have Davey's party tonight)...here are pics from the parties. James' party was at Gymboree and Michael had a petting zoo...


The little sisters, Sophie and Bryn sleeping through all the fun :)

Playgroup families..minus the Smiths who were probably taking Pres to the potty...because she's a big 20 month old potty-trained girl, we are so proud!

Liam fed and petted the goats, pigs, duck, bunnies, chickens...and his favorite, the llama!



Cupcake time! Pres takes this very seriously...


We celebrated an early mini-Christmas with Tippy and Daniel at my parents house last Sunday. This included our Christmas cookie baking party...5 chefs, 2 kitchenaid mixers, and 500ish cookies!





Tippy and Alex got Pres a cute apron and umbrella and Liam a Percy puzzle and Notre Dame shirt. Bryn got a cute hat and Notre Dame onesie too!



Liam also joined in for some Rock Band...


Kiki got Liam a Vandy polo and Tippy got Bryn a Vandy hat and booties, so here they are rocking their parents' school spirit...

Nick and I did get out for a night to go to his office Christmas party...

We also went to visit my and Nick's work to show off the kids. Liam LOVED seeing Nick's site. Right now he's building a huge training center for Deloitte. I should have taken more pictures of the site, but we're going to take Liam back when it's closer to completion and I'll snap some then.


I got a night out with girlfriends to go to dinner at Fireside Pies, yum!

Just some cute pics of Bryn with her Daddy, Liam, and Pres (who is actually saying 'cheese' in that pic)...



We had our first meal out as a family of four! The restaurant (and food) aren't worth mentioning but the fact that Liam ordered his own meal ("Can I have milk and chicken nuggets please?") and Bryn sleeping the whole time are!


We have started some new Christmas traditions this year. Liam and Bryn both donated money to charity (Liam to Make a Wish Foundation and Bryn to St. Jude's). I'm not sure if it should be a tradition, but Liam watches a Christmas cartoon daily. I taped them on TV and his four favorites are How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Merry Madagascar, Prep and Landing, and Mickey Mouse Christmas. He also reads his Christmas books every night before bed. We have been driving around to see the Christmas lights which Liam loves and I even caught Bryn looking at the reflection of the lights in her mirror. Liam also started writing letters to Santa and playing the Elf on the Shelf game...he loves to see where his elf, Wassel, is hiding each morning! One of the first days he realized Wassel was moving each day, he found him and shouted "Hey, wait a minute!" He is so smart and it's fun to see him thinking things through.



Most days I wonder how I will ever get through. It is so hard for me to juggle Liam and Bryn's needs while trying to make sure I don't pass out from starvation or sleep-deprivation...much less get anything done around the house. I know many moms do this, and with more kids, every day. I feel like it's just one of those things you get through and looking back, probably don't remember how. I do try to enjoy the kids even when I'm overwhelmed because I know this time will go fast. I do have some major help though.. Other than my family (who live very close and visit very frequently, thank goodness), I have 3 secret weapons that get me through the day...
the swing!! Despite the pictures above, Bryn does not sleep that well, especially not in the boppy or bouncer. She has finally taken to the swing though which gives my arms a break during the day...

the moby wrap!! Greatest invention and how I'm blogging at this very moment :)
daddy!! haha, Even though I posted a picture of him snoozing, he's been a champ these last few weeks. He comes home from work and dives right in taking over kids, dinner, or whatever. He's up in the middle of the night, is now the go-to bathtime guy, and has some pretty good meals up his sleeve. I like to brag that the only thing he can't do as well as me is breastfeed :) He's such a great dad and partner...makes me think he could handle a few more!
1 comment:
Nick Emmy Liam and Bryn,
Grandpa and I can't wait to spend time with you at Christmas. I can't believe how Bryn has grown in just 3 weeks.Liam, I hope we can get a picture with you and the ducks again this year. We thank you so much for driving down. It doesn't matter what we do, we just want to be with you.
Love, Grandma Deb and Grandpa Chris
Post a Comment